Warning: This isn't going to be the most positive post I've ever posted. I'm just saying.
I am so frustrated. One of my goals for this year was to lose at least 30 lbs. Yeah, that hasn't happened. And until about a month ago, I wasn't doing anything to help it happen. But, in the last 4 weeks I have walked 4.5 miles 3X a week and have seen zero results. Okay, so I sleep better. And I am not nearly as tired during the day. But I'm talking the kind of results that all of us women love to see. The kind where there's a decrease in numbers, you know what I mean. I have intentionally not weighed myself so that I didn't get discouraged.
This morning I just knew that I would have lost at least a few pounds, so I decided to fire up the Wii fit and see for myself. +1.8. Seriously? I know that's not that significant, and that your weight can vary by a few pounds depending upon the time, temperature, or tilt of the earth (okay so I made that up). But still, it's discouraging.
The most encouraging thing about all of it was that as I was crying and wallowing in my sorrow, a small little hand that belongs to an adorable little blondie patted my arm as she said "It's okay, Mommy." If only I could have a childlike faith like my 2 yr. old.
Friday, June 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It can be frustrating...that's a given...I went years trying to lose the last 10 lbs...after gaining and extra 5 or 6 lbs. Some how, someway it has come off...I think mine is medicine indused!! Hang in there...you'll do it I know you will!!
I did not know you were still blogging. We should make a pack and whoever looses the most weight this remaining year, treats the other to a spa day.
Post a Comment